The Giant's Causeway Tramway, operated by the Giant's Causeway, Portrush and Bush Valley Railway & Tramway Company Ltd, was a narrow-gauge electric railway celebrated at its opening in 1883 as "the first long electric tramway in the world." It was proposed and financed through the fundraising efforts of brothers Anthony and William Atcheson Traill, initially operating from Portrush to Bushmills and then to the Causeway in 1887. It was steam-powered before hydroelectricity was introduced. The line closed in 1949; however, a new venture, the Giant's Causeway & Bushmills Railway, was launched in 2002. This archive includes typescripts from a book written by John Horace McGuigan, published by the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum, as well as correspondence from John Moore, the Keeper of Transport at the UFTM, to promote the centenary of its opening in 1983. There are also photocopied specifications, patents, drawings, timetables, an auction catalogue, a guide written by William Traill, a reprint of the official opening and promotional material for the Giant's Causeway & Bushmills Railway.